IDNetters Forums

Technical News & Discussion => IDNet Help => Topic started by: peasblossom on Oct 09, 2026, 21:20:30

Title: Broadband for phone?
Post by: peasblossom on Oct 09, 2026, 21:20:30
Got an Annual Service Summary from IDNet a day or so ago and it mentioned a package called broadband for phone. Has anyone any idea what this is? I've hunted through the website and can find no additional details save the fact of its existence as a package and the price.
Title: Re: Broadband for phone?
Post by: Simon on Oct 09, 2026, 21:32:39
I can only assume it's a new type of phone service.  All I can find by way of explanation is:

A Full Fibre broadband service designed solely for VoIP usage. This service will allow for up-to 5 simultaneous digital voice calls.

Presumably it's designed to run alongside an existing Broadband service, but information seems sparse.