Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
IDNet Help / Re: FTTP New Installation Process
« Last post by Simon on Apr 12, 2024, 10:54:16 »
A development!   Well, kind of.

Another pair of guys have just been out, to reassess for tomorrow's dig.  In fact, they seem to have managed to get further than the other guys and have said the 'blockage' is probably just congestion and getting around a T point in the existing ducting.  So, I'm hoping they won't have to dig up the lawn after all.

Further, the guy said they could probably fit some sort of data gizmo to the existing wiring in the outside cupboard downstairs, as apparently there is already Gigabit data cabling there.  This would then feed to a gizmo upstairs and there wouldn't be any need for drilling through.  In theory. 

I asked if that's what they could definitely do, and he said it depends who comes out to do the internal stuff.  But I've got this guy's phone number so he said to call him if there's a problem and he would advise the internal installers.
IDNet Help / Re: UBOSS VOIP and softphone setup
« Last post by Arctophile on Apr 09, 2024, 16:53:49 »
IDNet have given me the username and passwords for my account, but Im not sure if I need a domain name too or not

Have a look at the end of this recent thread.

https://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,34327.0.html

IDNet Help / UBOSS VOIP and softphone setup
« Last post by c1hundred on Apr 08, 2024, 14:23:16 »
Hi
I was wondering if anyone had setup the UBOSS voip to work with a softphone?

IDNet have given me the username and passwords for my account, but Im not sure if I need a domain name too or not
« Last post by peasblossom on Apr 07, 2024, 02:01:24 »
I confess that was a big no no for me too. Brickwork yes. uPVC window frame? Never. Ever.
« Last post by Simon on Apr 07, 2024, 00:31:01 »
Thanks for that, PB.  Again, that's an installation that seems to have gone without a hitch, as the Fibre network was already installed on the estate.  I'm guessing it was probably a fairly new build property. 

One thing I didn't like from those pictures was that he'd appeared to have drilled though a corner of a PVC window or door frame.  Not only does the hole look tatty and unsealed, it also looks significantly bigger than the cable.  Also, having just had new windows fitted in my place, I'll be buggered if I'm going to let anyone drill through them!
« Last post by zappaDPJ on Apr 07, 2024, 00:27:49 »
This is the most useful description I've come across thus far. Be prepared to bat away cookies and newsletter subscription windows to read it. Worth it though.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/news/heres-what-happened-when-i-had-full-fibre-broadband-installed/

A couple of things that really stood out, one good, another not so good.

The good: 'so I nabbed a 150Mbps package for £19.99 per month…'

The not so good: Take a look at the incoming cable. I wouldn't be happy if anyone drilled a hole through my uPVC frame and you can clearly see there's no cable clamp inside or out.

« Last post by peasblossom on Apr 06, 2024, 22:02:17 »
This is the most useful description I've come across thus far. Be prepared to bat away cookies and newsletter subscription windows to read it. Worth it though.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/news/heres-what-happened-when-i-had-full-fibre-broadband-installed/
IDNet Help / Re: The UK Landline Switch Off - What You Need To Know 
« Last post by stan on Apr 06, 2024, 09:52:22 »
Have you checked Sam knows?
« Last post by stan on Apr 06, 2024, 09:44:52 »
There you have me. Can't help.
« Last post by peasblossom on Apr 06, 2024, 09:42:59 »
Which is great, but for reasons unknown to me (I've googled "if city fibre are in my street why can't I get full fibre?" and am none the wiser) I still have to wait for FTTP. That's the snag in all the options.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.