Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
IDNet Help / Re: Idnet Webmail
« Last post by Postal on Dec 19, 2021, 09:19:53 »
Deleted by Postal.  Information already supplied in Simon's link.
IDNet Help / Re: Idnet Webmail
« Last post by Simon on Dec 18, 2021, 21:28:52 »
Sorry you've got troubles, Lona, but good to hear from you.  :)

It won't make you feel any better, but I can confirm that the Webmail appears to be working.

If you know what the password should be, it might be worth checking that Thunderbird is using the correct one (Linky thingy).  If not, remove the stored password, then next time you check your emails, it should ask for a new one.  Otherwise, I think you will need to contact IDNet direct, as we can't really help with password / authentication issues.

IDNet Help / Idnet Webmail
« Last post by Lona on Dec 18, 2021, 20:53:44 »
I use Thunderbird to download my email from Idnet.  Tonight my password was rejected.  Tried to logon to idnet webmail and couldn't get in.  I tried previous passwords but no use.  I phoned support who said they can't help until Monday.  Not too good as I can't access my email or send any.   :(

IDNet Help / Re: changing password on webmail?
« Last post by steve195527 on Dec 14, 2021, 00:55:08 »
ended up signing up for the paid for email service to sort things
Lateral Flow Test 14:30 Thursday on the ship so we could travel back to UK.  PCR tested at St. Pancras 17:45 Friday.  Negative results received 01:30 Sunday so we are now free again (subject to the next whim from Boris or charlatan driven decision from Ferguson).

We are still waiting today!   :facepalm:
If it pokes BT into thinking through how best to switch and help people properly in a power cut that will be good. Not feeling confident about that one but we'll see. Maybe more media coverage of the issue will focus their minds?
Looks like media are starting to recognise that there are a disadvantaged few in dangerous circumstances: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-59564480.
Lateral Flow Test 14:30 Thursday on the ship so we could travel back to UK.  PCR tested at St. Pancras 17:45 Friday.  Negative results received 01:30 Sunday so we are now free again (subject to the next whim from Boris or charlatan driven decision from Ferguson).
Sounds wonderful to me!  It's been a lot of faff with all the documentation and we are still waiting for our PCR test results after a week in unnecessary quarantine. 
Windows News & Discussion / Re: Windows 11
« Last post by Postal on Dec 11, 2021, 16:10:50 »
I do hate it when software developers force cosmetic changes that can't be reverted by the end user.  It's like them saying, "Well we like it this way so you'll have to put up with it," but I'm sure there are other reasons for it.

You can follow which of the functional silos in Microsoft is making the running by looking at their release cycle. If the tecchies are making the running we get lots of "We haven't asked the people who pay our wages if they will like this but it is whizz-bang technology so of we force them to have it they will learn to live with it and eventually like it" whereas the people on the customer facing side of the house are driven to change things by listening to people saying "This is rubbish, we don't like it" and trying to give what the customer base seems to want.  So when the customer facing side was driving things we had XP.  Then the tecchies got their hands on the controls and we had Vista.  Back to the outward-facing people and they had Vista replaced with Windows 7.  The tecchies broke that with Windows 8 which forced those who took notice of customer feedback to drive Windows 10.  If that thesis holds we have a pointer as to which side of the house has been driving the changes for Windows 11.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.