Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
IDNet Help / Re: FTTC - line drops
« Last post by BoutTime on Jan 22, 2022, 08:18:25 »
My speeds have returned back up to 70.6mbps down an 18.3mbps up. Line now completely stable with no drops in over a week. Resetting the Vigor to factory settings was the fix for me. Putting it into MPOAA Bridge Mode was a mistake. And we are on a Huawei cabinet too.

Reset it to and leave everything at factory defaults.
« Last post by Gary on Jan 17, 2022, 11:07:21 »
Just to save people money, the Vigor 130 uses  the same VRX268 chipset as in an Openreach ECI modem, and they are much cheaper and run cooler than the Vigors, but should really only be used on ECI cabinets (Openreach modem) or use a Openreach HG612 on Huawei or ECI which work great as long as they are updated to the latest firmware Kitz has links to do that yourself or get one off ebay thats unlocked. Also the Vigor has vectoring turned on which seems to cause drop outs, you need to go the the CLI interface once logged in and type in as follows.

vdsl optn g.vector off

vdsl reboot
« Last post by Simon on Jan 16, 2022, 19:14:35 »
Thanks, and welcome!  :)
« Last post by BoutTime on Jan 16, 2022, 18:23:49 »
I know this is an old thread but here is what worked for me…..

History:
Was with BT using a Draytek Vigor 130 and Orbi. Experienced occasional drop-outs requiring the Draytek modem to be power cycled. Download speeds were around 57 to 60 mbps. SNR was 3db.

Moved to IDnet. Speed went up to 64 mbps. SNR was 3db but drop-outs occurred more frequently. Replaced Orbi mesh with ASUs XT8 mesh. Speeds increased to 70 mbps but drop-outs continued. Played with all the settings, still no joy.

Draytek had always been set up in MPOAA Bridge Mode. After reading numerous posts about how the Draytek was pre-configured to work with UK VDSL (PPPOE mode) I reset the Draytek using the button and left it to reboot. Since then no further drop-outs. It did slow down one day but no disconnects. SNR is still 3db but download speed has dropped to 67 mbps. But the line appears stable so I can live with that.

So for me if you have a Draytek Vigor 130 on PPPOE VDSL DON’T put it in Bridge mode. Leave it as configured from factory.
IDNet Help / Re: Peak v Off Peak
« Last post by sparky on Dec 24, 2021, 13:04:28 »
Nowster,

Ha Ha Ha, it must be the festive season.

I didn't think to look in the most obvious place!!  :laugh:

Cheers.  :thumb:
IDNet Help / Re: Peak v Off Peak
« Last post by nowster on Dec 24, 2021, 11:06:45 »
To quote the RSS feed page:

* Peak times are 9:00am to midnight - Off-Peak times are midnight to 9:00am
IDNet Help / Peak v Off Peak
« Last post by sparky on Dec 23, 2021, 14:00:47 »
Merry Christmas All,

I still pick up the RSS Feed that shows my data usesage and every now and again I see a few gb's of data downloaded in "off peak" hours. Does anyone know what hours are considered off peak these days?  It's probably my wifes iphone or ipad, but i'd just like to confirm.

Thanks.
IDNet Help / Re: Blocking domain names
« Last post by Simon on Dec 20, 2021, 17:27:28 »
I tend to use the From field, as you've done, but either with a * before the @, or with no @ before the domain.  Also, you could try moving the From filter to the top.
IDNet Help / Blocking domain names
« Last post by davebesag on Dec 20, 2021, 16:59:06 »
Hi,

I'm trying to block domain names on the dashboard. This used to be simple in the filter section until a few years ago when Idnet changed things. I can use the blacklist for an email but not an entire domain. I tried what I thought would work but today I've got an email from this domain name that I set to block a long-time ago. Am I using the wrong setting which I've attached.

There's nothing I've accidentally put in webmail contacts which would allow to bypass any filters for the domain name.

IDNet Help / Re: Idnet Webmail
« Last post by Lona on Dec 19, 2021, 14:49:30 »
Will have to wait until Monday :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.

luck