Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
IDNet Help / Re: IDNet email server down
« Last post by ThePinkRat on May 30, 2024, 22:42:10 »
We are getting send errors currently -- various mail clients and OSes, so sounds like a server issue.
« Last post by zappaDPJ on May 29, 2024, 11:39:09 »
Thanks Bill. I think someone gave the server a kick around 9.00am.
« Last post by Bill on May 29, 2024, 09:22:49 »
I had a couple of Service Status RSS messages at about 5am and 7am saying no service on "Incoming (POP/IMAP/Webmail)", no mention of outgoing but everything seems OK now...
« Last post by zappaDPJ on May 29, 2024, 01:17:56 »
In addition the post above took somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes to land. I'm starting to wonder if this is a return of the issue I had a few days ago.
IDNet Help / IDNet email server down
« Last post by zappaDPJ on May 29, 2024, 00:58:31 »
I'm getting a send and receive error in Outlook and a 'Problem loading page' error in webmail.
IDNet Help / Re: The UK Landline Switch Off - What You Need To Know 
« Last post by Postal on May 25, 2024, 09:24:29 »
. . . .BT said it will protect vulnerable customers where it is made aware of them, and it plans to provide “resilient solutions” to those who are dependent on their landline. . . .

While BT supply the final mile services to IDNet it is the responsibility of IDNet as ISP to provide the "resilient solution".  The last time I contacted IDNet about this sort of matter (probably eighteen months to two years ago), they had no register of their vulnerable customers so I've no idea how they would know who needs a "resilient solution".
IDNet Help / Re: Outage - possible Zen backhaul issue.
« Last post by sparky on May 24, 2024, 11:05:19 »
Got a PPP drop-out yesterday afternoon about 4.30pm. It lasted no more than 10 mins.

Same here in East Dorset, but router took about 5 attempts to authenticate and log back in.
Mobile Devices News & Discussion / Re: WiFi messaging
« Last post by peasblossom on May 23, 2024, 23:28:21 »
Be aware that having RCS active has been known to cause SMS messages to be dropped silently, especially verification codes from banks, online services, doctor reminders, power company outage notifications, etc.

I would imagine using it only for certain messages and then reverting to sms the majority of the time. Can you see that being an issue? (Android 13)
IDNet Help / Re: Outage - possible Zen backhaul issue.
« Last post by nowster on May 23, 2024, 14:00:03 »
Got a PPP drop-out yesterday afternoon about 4.30pm. It lasted no more than 10 mins.
Mobile Devices News & Discussion / Re: WiFi messaging
« Last post by nowster on May 23, 2024, 13:46:04 »
Be aware that having RCS active has been known to cause SMS messages to be dropped silently, especially verification codes from banks, online services, doctor reminders, power company outage notifications, etc.

I've experienced that myself so have RCS firmly turned off. (Android 14 on Pixel 7A, on EE network)

I do however have Signal, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc. active.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.