Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
IDNet Help / Re: Uboss - Call Waiting and Voicemail
« Last post by Typo on Jun 11, 2024, 22:21:11 »
You might need to set up the router to recognise "timed break" as flash. It's the same as dialling a 1 using a dial phone (loop disconnect signalling).

It may even be that your router needs something other than a TB flash to grab its attention (maybe something like ***). It'll be deep in the instructions if it is.

I've looked through the TP_Link User Guide (161 pages) and there is nothing in it about flash or timed break or recall.  I think it probably doesn't support it.  It's not a big deal for me, as long I hear a beep to let me know there's a call waiting.
« Last post by nowster on Jun 10, 2024, 12:31:29 »
So, how does the router know what my phone number is to display on Caller ID?
That's all handled on the server. Just like you don't have to type in the numeric IP address to look up something on the BBC website.
« Last post by Terryphi on Jun 09, 2024, 10:09:46 »
The UBOSS system does the conversion incoming and outgoing.
« Last post by Simon on Jun 08, 2024, 21:34:34 »
The SIP credentials (user/password) don't have to match your phone number, and it's probably best for security if they don't.

« Last post by nowster on Jun 08, 2024, 21:00:06 »
Yes, it's the telephony part I was wondering about.  So, when you switch from PSTN to UBOSS and port your number, IDNet have to program your number into the router as code, rather than the actual number?
The SIP credentials (user/password) don't have to match your phone number, and it's probably best for security if they don't.
« Last post by Simon on Jun 08, 2024, 17:24:45 »
Yes, it's the telephony part I was wondering about.  So, when you switch from PSTN to UBOSS and port your number, IDNet have to program your number into the router as code, rather than the actual number?
« Last post by Terryphi on Jun 08, 2024, 16:14:57 »
Just out of interest, on the TP Link VX230v, what does IDNet configure?
Without knowing TPLink defaults it is hard to know for sure. Obviously username and password and setting ISP List "Other". (TP Link default is Plusnet ?!)  Presumably all the other internet settings including IP Address, Default Gateway, Primary and Secondary DNS, Connection Type PPOE.

If using UBOSS, the UBOSS system telephone number (a code) which is different from your actual used telephone number (which in my case old landline number.) IDNet configured the Telephony setting remotely after I told them I had connected the router. Presumably they would only do this if they supplied the router.
« Last post by nowster on Jun 08, 2024, 15:02:47 »
When there's a call waiting I cannot switch between calls using the Recall button (Flash) on my analogue phones.

You might need to set up the router to recognise "timed break" as flash. It's the same as dialling a 1 using a dial phone (loop disconnect signalling).

It may even be that your router needs something other than a TB flash to grab its attention (maybe something like ***). It'll be deep in the instructions if it is.
« Last post by Simon on Jun 08, 2024, 11:21:50 »
Just out of interest, on the TP Link VX230v, what does IDNet configure?
« Last post by Terryphi on Jun 08, 2024, 10:48:49 »
It's not completely sorted.

When there's a call waiting I cannot switch between calls using the Recall button (Flash) on my analogue phones.  If I want to take the other call I have to hang up on my current call and wait for the phone to ring from the second caller.  This may be due to the TP-Link VX230v modem/router not supporting Flash.

Rather than getting a new router I had ordered the Grandstream HT801, but IDNet were unable to supply this. 
IDnet were unable to make Grandstream HT801 work for me with UBOSS and analogue phone. Maybe this is why IDnet were now "unable" to supply Grandstream HT801. I ended up with the TP-Link VX230v  which was configured remotely by IDnet and works satisfactorily with my DECT phones but I do not need call waiting. From my personal experience I would recommend avoiding the HT801 like the plague.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.