« Last post by Clive on Jul 05, 2021, 18:36:05 »
Our minds are working overtime.   :laugh:
IDNet Help / Re: Spam
« Last post by zappaDPJ on Jul 04, 2021, 17:00:48 »
I'm intrigued :D

If I told you I'd have to ban myself ;D
« Last post by talos on Jul 04, 2021, 07:15:42 »
I use a different email for each service, like Sky, Netflix, Disney+ etc and a junk email for sites I sign up to with an unbirthday and if asked like what's your mothers maiden name I'll say something like 'MEATPIE#hoover56*twilight^' (not one ive used) the answer to the question can be anything. Tbh changing emails is a lot easier than dealing with spam and having to keep changing passwords. I use a throwaway emails for forums etc a with unique passwords and if one gets caught I know it wont effect my other ones.

That sounds a good idea, and something I feel I could do  8-)
« Last post by talos on Jul 04, 2021, 07:13:44 »
You've just reminded me that I used to have a secret word, the same secret word for every eventuality. Because it was secret I never thought I'd need to reveal it to anyone until one day I did and it was very, very, very rude and extreamly embarrassing for the both of us :red:

I'm intrigued :D
« Last post by zappaDPJ on Jul 03, 2021, 15:16:25 »
You've just reminded me that I used to have a secret word, the same secret word for every eventuality. Because it was secret I never thought I'd need to reveal it to anyone until one day I did and it was very, very, very rude and extreamly embarrassing for the both of us :red:
« Last post by Gary on Jul 03, 2021, 14:00:30 »
I use a different email for each service, like Sky, Netflix, Disney+ etc and a junk email for sites I sign up to with an unbirthday and if asked like what's your mothers maiden name I'll say something like 'MEATPIE#hoover56*twilight^' (not one ive used) the answer to the question can be anything. Tbh changing emails is a lot easier than dealing with spam and having to keep changing passwords. I use a throwaway emails for forums etc a with unique passwords and if one gets caught I know it wont effect my other ones.
« Last post by zappaDPJ on Jul 03, 2021, 11:08:17 »
So easy to get trapped >:(

It really is. Even the brightest of us can get taken in by these scams. I've taken to assume every email, text, phone call and letter received are a scam until proven otherwise.
« Last post by talos on Jul 03, 2021, 08:24:09 »
So easy to get trapped >:(
« Last post by Clive on Jul 02, 2021, 21:47:57 »
I received a  particularly dangerous phishing mail this evening purporting to come from the NHS offering Covid passports - something I've been googling in recent days.  The header revealed it was an arcade gaming company so clicking on the link would have probably resulted in a fate worse than death.   
Ditto. I wonder if VirtualBox can emulate a TPM device...

According to a thread on the ThinkBroadband Forum (https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/windows/t/4687302-windows-11-or-what-ever-it-is-going-to-be-called.html) Windows 11 can be installed on VirtualBox.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.