Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
That's a hell of a bargain!  But is it nationwide? 

Unfortunately not. From memory it's a very limited service.
That's a hell of a bargain!  But is it nationwide? 
That's rather a lot for not so much!
I doubt this will impact many people on 'netters but according to TBB:

"iDNet joins retailers selling full fibre over CityFibre network"

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9095-idnet-joins-retailers-selling-full-fibre-over-cityfibre-network

550 Mbps for £40/month including vat
Networking & Routers / Re: Billion 8800 firmware update available
« Last post by Postal on Oct 05, 2021, 15:17:06 »
The update's description suggests that it's a cosmetic fix only, so not an urgent update.

Without knowing details of the existing firmware on someone's router, no way of knowing whether there have been any critical updates or security fixes since it was last updated.  Just because the latest update seems to be cosmetic only doesn't mean that a router is not in need of an urgent update.
« Last post by Postal on Oct 05, 2021, 15:14:13 »
Many apologies if I caused offence but it seems a bit too complicated for for me to handle.  On the other hand, when my son comes home at half term with the grandchildren he will probably cope with it.  So your effort is very much appreciated.

No offence taken.  However, it is not a complicated process so I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems in handling it.  Writing it up (particularly to the level of robinc's posting) takes far more time and effort than actually doing it.
« Last post by nowster on Oct 05, 2021, 10:49:17 »
The update's description suggests that it's a cosmetic fix only, so not an urgent update.
IDNet Help / Re: Email Quota
« Last post by Simon on Oct 04, 2021, 23:38:55 »
Is this an IDNet email account?  She can either download the emails from the server via a desktop email client, or go to https://webmail.idnet.net/ and delete what she doesn't need in there.  Bear in mind sent and junk emails also add up towards the quota.
IDNet Help / Email Quota
« Last post by Den on Oct 04, 2021, 22:06:52 »
My wife's quota on her email has been used up.

How do I reduce the number of emails saved as she can't now receive any?
« Last post by Clive on Oct 04, 2021, 13:53:52 »
Many apologies if I caused offence but it seems a bit too complicated for for me to handle.  On the other hand, when my son comes home at half term with the grandchildren he will probably cope with it.  So your effort is very much appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.