Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
IDNet Help / Re: FTTP New Installation Process
« Last post by Simon on Today at 21:05:49 »
As I said before, I'm getting an average of 107/22 on a 115/20 connection, so that's pretty much as promised for my package.
« Last post by john7 on Today at 21:01:22 »
It would be interesting to know what the actual speeds users actually get. The impression I have with locally  from comments  Fiber Heroes (in local fourms) is though there speeds are better than BT no one gets the claimed upspeed. That appears to be the case whatever is the ISP. I find it unlikly any of the sellers of there products don't know this but all are passing on the over hyped upspeed claims including IDNet. Personally even knowing the actual speeds I would still use them. Non of which really fits in with the Ofcom saying customers should have honest expected speeds.
« Last post by Simon on Today at 17:33:56 »
Well, every day is a school day!  It seems IDNet offer several different packages with different suppliers:

Fibre Heroes: https://www.idnet.com/fibreheroes-broadband.php

City Fibre: https://www.idnet.com/cityfibre-broadband.php

Openreach: https://www.idnet.com/openreach-broadband.php

And this appears to be a full list of pricing:

https://www.idnet.com/broadband-pricelist.php

:stars:
« Last post by Simon on Today at 17:23:15 »
Apologies John, I had no idea about IDNet partnering with Fibre Heroes.  The only option I had with them was to go with Openreach, which seems to be a different set of packages. 
« Last post by john7 on Today at 16:35:07 »

What package did you actually order?
[/quote]

Fiber Heroes 550 up and down no confusion as most non BT supplied fiber is both much faster and cheaper than BTs. There are so many of them I expect as with what started as many cable TV firms/providers which moved to cable internet, TV and phones and were all taken over in the end by Virgin
« Last post by Simon on Today at 12:14:52 »
:congrat4:  Simon in joining the Fast Club.   :thumb:

;D

They're digging up the road again nearby - another fibre company laying more cables.  They'd better not mess mine up!   :eyebrow:
« Last post by Simon on Today at 12:05:58 »
I have no idea (on this sort of product) if it is but clearly its not expected given there is no minimum speed given. I thought these over hyped speed claims had been clamped down on by Ofcom but clearly there are gaping loop holes left showing the regulators are doing there job of protecting the industry not users as usual.

I think there may be some confusion, John.  The packages IDNet offer are:

FTTP 55/10
upto 55 Mbit/s Downstream
upto 10 Mbit/s Upstream

FTTP 160/30
upto 160 Mbit/s Downstream
upto 30 Mbit/s Upstream

FTTP 330/50
upto 300 Mbit/s Downstream
upto 50 Mbit/s Upstream

FTTP 1000/115
upto 900 Mbit/s Downstream
upto 115 Mbit/s Upstream

What package did you actually order?
« Last post by Clive on Today at 10:50:27 »
 :congrat4:  Simon in joining the Fast Club.   :thumb:
« Last post by john7 on Today at 09:16:45 »
Is it even possible to get 550 upload speed?
I have no idea (on this sort of product) if it is but clearly its not expected given there is no minimum speed given. I thought these over hyped speed claims had been clamped down on by Ofcom but clearly there are gaping loop holes left showing the regulators are doing there job of protecting the industry not users as usual.
« Last post by Simon on Yesterday at 18:20:11 »
Just a quick update on mine - all seems stable and I'm getting an average of 107/22 on a 115/20 connection, so that's not bad. 

I also apparently have incredibly low latency, at a steady 5ms.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.