Main Menu

Recent posts

IDNet Help / Re: Since VoIP callers names f...
Last post by john7 - Oct 21, 2024, 22:25:11
Freeola another one saying as a UK form 0 not +44
Last post by john7 - Oct 21, 2024, 18:47:15
Thanks, it will be a week  or more befor I will be in the position to move over
 But its interesting as just had reply fron another one. Voipfone, we dont use +44. Indeed some don't understand why I have the problem!
Last post by Simon - Oct 21, 2024, 18:36:44
I might be wrong, but as far as I am aware, the routers from IDNet are pre-configured, but not necessarily locked.  I can enter the settings for my TP-LINK router from IDNet with no problem. 

Hopefully all it would mean is that a new provider would have to give you new settings, and set up the configuration from their end.
Last post by john7 - Oct 21, 2024, 17:49:07
Well so far contacted a number of VoIP domestic suppliers and so far all say they do not use +44. As we are dealing with a bereavement this will be a slowed down process but will let all know which ones are safe to move too. One problem is the router IDNet supplied I have a feeling, though I paid for it, they have parts locked so will have that as the net conflict are!
Last post by john7 - Oct 16, 2024, 11:45:54
No they don't do much with it. After I started to get problems they did start to do some stuff. Initially everything was just passed onto UBOSS. Now all actual queries go to them and its been clear they a/ don't have much idea as to what VoIP is and b/ refuse to accept what customers get to there phones determines what the phones can do. They still claim its up to the phones to change +44 into a phone number format they can use with contacts. Though 3/ I think they do know but are stuck with a unstable VoIP product for domestic use and those at the level that adopted UBOSS don't what to admit an error for domestic users.

We have phone sellers, phone makers all saying domestic phones cant work properly with +44 but they and UBOSS clearly are right they will work just not how customers expect. Whats wrong with +44 numbers in place of contacts and block lists working!
Last post by nowster - Oct 16, 2024, 11:35:10
This tells me that:
  • They don't operate this product.
  • It's not suitable for the UK domestic market.

Dad's just had a new emergency call button installed this morning. It uses two 4G SIMs instead of hooking up to the landline. There's now less of a reason for us to keep paying for the hard wired copper phone line.
Last post by john7 - Oct 15, 2024, 17:44:57
Well no surprise, contrary to 3 different phone support people saying there phones do not deal with +44 I am told +44 is normal for VoIP and its up to the phone to deal with it by INDet support."It then depends on the individual device receiving the call how it interprets this." Well as BT, Panasonic and Giaset all do not deal with +44 and there supports all say they do not) that doesn't leave many phones that might. Odd that used on BT and Virgin VoIP all displayed my name when phoned  from my mobile not the +44 I get at home. Odd also that a major firm selling phones doesn't know of a phone that will do it ether, at least for home use to sell me.
Last post by john7 - Oct 14, 2024, 17:19:49
Sorry one reply that a Panasonic phone was working, it didn't on my line.
Last post by john7 - Oct 14, 2024, 16:17:52
Support just come back with bugger off nothing we can/will do that's  how it is.  That there is nothing in the system that is modifying the data. That is the problem other VoIP are modifying the data at some point before it reaches domestic phones.

They are going back to UBOSS again to see if the line is setup wrong but.... They also claim no one else has this problem, but still have no informsation how anyone else is getting a domestic phone to work on UBOSS.
Last post by john7 - Oct 14, 2024, 15:52:48
Where the 3 phones have been used on other VoIP they have worked correctly so yes its a UBOSS/IDNet problem that they are refusing to deal with just blaming the customer and there phone. The copper line providers clearly strip out +44 as do most VoIP providers now. As some pointed out UBOSS is really aiming at commercial customers and liGo said they could easily sell me commercial gear that would deal with it with no problem. But they could think of no way of getting what I have or could buy from them as domestic kit anything that would work with +44. Ill see what they come back with again but I am very disappointed with what they have and are selling and how unsuitable it is for most domestic users. Not least the as said before blaming the problem on  users for not dealing with +44.