Author Topic: Router for multiple devices  (Read 1030 times)

Offline JohnH

• Ultimate Netter
Router for multiple devices
« on: Jan 08, 2017, 19:21:13 »
Due to the local topography, we can't get terrestrial TV here and although satellite is possible, I refuse to pay Sky's exorbitant prices for multi-room TV.
On the upside, fibre broadband is excellent (up to 66mbps) and therefore, we have a high dependency on mobile devices and Fire TV etc.

Unfortunately, my Billion 8800NL R2 which is an otherwise excellent router, is unable to cope with multi devices and for example when more than one Fire stick is in use, buffering is a big issue and makes viewing almost unwatchable. I've read that what would possibly solve the problem is a dual or tri-band router that can support multiple devices.

Does anyone have any experience of such routers and if so, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Steve

• Former Staff
Re: Router for multiple devices
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2017, 23:08:42 »
Suggest look at the Asus line, or at least one where you've got 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz bands.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline nowster

• Netter Nutter
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2017, 11:13:18 »
Due to the local topography, we can't get terrestrial TV here and although satellite is possible, I refuse to pay Sky's exorbitant prices for multi-room TV.

Have you looked at FreeSat?

Offline JohnH

• Ultimate Netter
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2017, 17:19:33 »
@ Steve
Thanks for the advice

@Nowster
I did look at Freesat, but that requires a satellite dish and we're not using Sky because there's nothing worth having that we can't get on a Fire stick.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.