Author Topic: Coming soon to Windows 10  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Glenn

• Former Staff
    • WRRacing
Coming soon to Windows 10
« on: Oct 26, 2016, 17:10:58 »
New 3D creation and editing tools are being added to the next version of the Windows 10 operating system.
Microsoft says new versions of Paint and Powerpoint will make it easier to build, handle and show off 3D models that mix together real-world imagery and computer-generated graphics.
The firm also revealed new virtual reality headsets with which users can interact with their creations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37779983
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • PC Pals Forum
Re: Coming soon to Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2016, 17:55:53 »
:sigh:
Simon.
--

Offline Clive

• Legendary Netter
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2016, 18:57:02 »
I agree Simon.   ::)

Offline Glenn

• Former Staff
    • WRRacing
Glenn
--------------------

Offline Glenn

• Former Staff
    • WRRacing
Glenn
--------------------

Offline zappaDPJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2017, 21:45:16 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPFbAqICUJo&feature=share

I didn't know about the key-logging, assuming that's correct of course. I don't really understand is why there's so much conjecture involved. Surely there must be coders around capable of working out what's going on. Drawing conclusions based on network activity seems a little dodgy to me.
zap
--------------------

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2017, 23:21:29 »
If it is hashed... then it will take a LONG time to figure out. Programming systems such as "Denuvo"  that encrypt on run time and stuff, can make even reverse engineering troublesome.

It's also the case of "can" instead of "will". I know Google can track and change anything and everything on my mobile. I don't expect they will. Though I use it as a mobile, and rarely would do any accounting/work sensitive stuff on it.

But I can understand if someone was say trading millions in stock/working for a big company, the worries of the likes of MS now having a method of gathering data is more a risk and a worry (though remote desktop always existed ;) it was more the users fault in that case!).

How many leaks have we seen recently, even cloud password storage getting broken/exploited.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Offline zappaDPJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2017, 13:38:32 »
I don't really know how these modern data protection systems work but most of what I've looked at in the past had an Achilles heal. They all stopped you altering the code so it was impossible to set a break point which would allow you to stop and examine the unscrambled code. A work around was simply to run the same code in parallel. I suspect you could do something similar in Windows. You wouldn't even need to unscramble the data, just the code that sends it.
zap
--------------------

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.