Author Topic: TP-Link TD-W8970 and download speeds  (Read 1317 times)

Offline camdave

• Regular Netter
TP-Link TD-W8970 and download speeds
« on: Jul 15, 2016, 21:07:27 »
Some while ago I was having problems with drop-outs. Following the advice of the forum members I tried various ways to solve this and eventually by disconnecting some redundant wiring the connection stabilised and the download speed improved from around 11.5 Mbps to 12.5.

I then bought a TP-Link TD-W8970 router and this again improved my download speed to a typical 14.5 Mbps and the ping went down from 25 to 15ms.

I check my speeds regularly (it has almost become an obsession) and today, for no apparent reason, the download speed shot up to 16.5 Mbps and the ping is down to 13ms. Nothing has changed at my end since I installed the new router back in March.

I am of course not complaining but wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Offline Lance

• Administrator
Re: TP-Link TD-W8970 and download speeds
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2016, 08:10:27 »
Not had it myself but there are so many things which could cause it guessing is impossible. Could be an industrial unit on the cable route has turned off or changed a piece of equipment, or could be as simple as more lines going to FTTC meaning less crosstalk on the E-side.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.