Author Topic: Billion 7800N bricking itself repeatedly  (Read 3273 times)

Offline sparkler

• Addicted Netter
Billion 7800N bricking itself repeatedly
« on: Jun 23, 2012, 19:04:47 »
has anyone else had problems with this router not working after unpluging it and then turning it back on again with only the ethernet port light on no power light or anything as mine has done it when i started working again after turning it off and back again so reflashed just in case it was corrupted restarted so turned it off again so i could enter details on esupport then plugged and its done the exact same thing even though it was working right before i turned it off

Offline psp83

• Netter Nutter
    • Paul Paradise
Re: Billion 7800N bricking itself repeatedly
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2012, 19:21:09 »
Not had any problems like that with mine,

When you unplug and plug back in, are you leaving it 30secs before putting the plug back in?

From what I've seen in most routers I've had, each one holds a certain amount of power after unplugging it, so I always wait 30-60 secs.

Offline sparkler

• Addicted Netter
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2012, 19:31:41 »
yep ive left it unpluged for a few minutes with no luck even when it first started since it takes a few mins to bring it to the pc type all info then connect everything up again

Offline Niall

• Live-in Netter
  • Blues machine
    • Flickr gubbins
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2012, 23:12:28 »
Sounds knackered. I've even dropped mine a few times and it doesn't do that :D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Offline Aaron

• Addicted Netter
« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2012, 19:32:56 »
My 7800N today started to malfunction too I think, the DSL/Internet light won't come on. I only switched it off to put in a new TV cabinet this afternoon!

a reset with Factory Default fixes it, but it happens again after I put in my auth info and reboot.

Waiting to see what Billion UK Forums say on the matter. This will be the second time I return it if it's deemed faulty. The first RMA I processed had a wireless fault from the dropouts I constantly had.

Wondering what's considered the "second best" ADSL2 router, don't think I can be bothered with the 7800N anymore. I do have a 2700 but the web interface is awful.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2012, 19:36:08 by Aaron »
IDNet Home Pro ADSL2+ 4Mbps | Billion BiPAC 7800N

Offline sparkler

• Addicted Netter
« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2012, 00:13:58 »
i had to rma it this afternoon stopped working as it stopped working again on the 28th ive never had any wireless dropouts with it or problems with connecting to the internet although it is slower at reconnecting than my dgn2000 is it using the latest firmware??

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.