Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Niall

• Live-in Netter
  • Blues machine
    • Flickr gubbins
Skyrim
« on: Nov 12, 2011, 19:35:07 »
I finally bit the bullet and pre ordered this the day before release. I really wasn't sure about it at all as I bought the collectors version of Oblivion (it's prequel) and really did not get on at all with it. Mainly I think, due to the fact I was more of a fan of the Neverwinter Nights RPG style RPGs. Since then I've played Fable II & III, along with the Witcher 2 (which is actually a cross between Oblivion and Skyrim now I think about it).

The combat, which is what put me off Oblivion, is still not quite right, but at least it feels like you're actually fighting something now. I've just spent about 2.5 hours running around, not doing any quests at all. This game is huge, immense, enourmous, etc. You can literally wander around for hours without doing any quests. I've been stealing crops and selling them back to the farmers ;D Also, collecting butterflies, bugs and flowers. I assume they will all be used for alchemy at some point, or a quest. Maybe :D

Still it's fun. Although it's got bugs. I just got locked in a conversation and the tab key stopped working ingame, so I had to quit and hadn't saved it for 30 minutes, so that sucked :(

I can't even give it a rating yet as I've not even come close to starting it properly, but so far it is promising :)
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Offline esh

• Grand Netter
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2011, 00:21:56 »
Skyrim is one of those games that has so many niggles and annoyances that if I listed them all, you'd never think it was any good, but somehow it has enough positive aspects that it comes out as a worthwhile play after all. Pretty damn close to Morrowind I would say, so if you liked that, definitely give it a shot. The graphics aren't as wonky as Oblivion either.

Don't come looking for story and/or characters though.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Offline Gary

• Supreme Netter
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2011, 20:23:56 »
Aftre the great reviews I have got lost in the Skyrim world, and it is HUGE. Most reviews have given it great scores, having just come from Drakes Deception and Arkham city the change in pace is welcome. Graphics are pretty good glitches here and there but I have played smaller games that are much worse, I love the game.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.