Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
IDNet Help / Re: Does IDNet support exist any more?
« Last post by Tacitus on Mar 25, 2017, 18:56:05 »
Just to add my two pennorth....

I've not had a problem with support.  Phones have been answered within a minute or so and I've had replies to emails as soon as I've left the keyboard.  Maybe I've been lucky but my sister's also with iDNet and she's reported much the same.  In fact she's thinking of moving the line and phone over as soon as her BT contract ends. 

Agree with others though, they could take a leaf out of AAs book and give regular updates if it's a long problem involving others. 
« Last post by Gary on Mar 25, 2017, 08:26:07 »
The point being suggested, i think, is that with IDNet's new gamer focused premium priced packages, support would give preference and more time to these users.
I got that bit, Lance. I don't think that's happening and thought it was a petty jab tbh. Anyway I'm not on a gaming package even as a gamer, price for me is to steep but I still get though every call I make which is very rare I have to say thankfully. I don't think IDnet would put gamers calls as priority over anyone else's on our side of the business fence. Maybe they just know Mervl's number and hide ;D
« Last post by Lance on Mar 24, 2017, 13:28:50 »
So what's with that dig at the gamers then? We are all mere mortals no matter what we use eg FTTC/ADSL/ADSL2  etc or those that game. We all go though the same support network too, so that's a pointless and unneeded dig at other users and a moot point really.

The point being suggested, i think, is that with IDNet's new gamer focused premium priced packages, support would give preference and more time to these users.
Windows News & Discussion / Re: Problems with M3 drive revisited
« Last post by Broadback on Mar 23, 2017, 08:30:48 »
Good news! Having followed the advice both on this thread and its sister one in Broadband etc it still was not in the file explorer section, however I tried Macrium Reflect and it worked, it is now in the File Explorer. Thanks for all the help.  :thumb:
« Last post by Technical Ben on Mar 22, 2017, 11:29:29 »
I must admit I've always avoided USB-powered drives. I don't know whether that's actually justified!

Not really. They can be great for backup etc. Network drives can too, but are for some reason a lot more expensive. Some routers let you plug usb drives into them, which is kind of a go between option.
« Last post by colirv on Mar 22, 2017, 09:51:09 »
I must admit I've always avoided USB-powered drives. I don't know whether that's actually justified!
IDNet Help / Re: Packet Loss and Single Thread Download Speeds
« Last post by Adrian on Mar 21, 2017, 15:08:49 »
That is really weird. I'll try rebooting my modem and see what happens to my BQM.

Update- Yes, that seems to have sorted out the latency problem, but I have no idea what caused it in the first place.
« Last post by Broadback on Mar 21, 2017, 15:06:38 »
I have tried both the backup on the drive, which does not work consistently. Also Windows does not fully recognise the drive, I will get it to work for a short time then it bombs out, certainly not reliable enough for a backup! :eek4:
Broadband, Internet & General Computer News & Discussion / Re: Ofcom & BT
« Last post by mervl on Mar 21, 2017, 14:20:03 »
I'd agree, except that I can see it developing into an endless game of ping pong: ISP says contact OR, OR says "not us, contact your ISP". How do we know whose responsibility it is? That's why there was one point of contact in the first place.

I have a problem at the moment (a DLM reset) where it'd be sensible, and easiest, to talk to OR. Any chance? No. Everyone would be at it, "just in case". They will always be under pressure to cut costs, which means more automation and less scope for changing anything. We have to live with the consequences. Mistakes when they happen, which they will, will be big ones.

The only way I think it'd work is if everyone had to take a line contract from OR, separate to their broadband contract (except with FTTP, mobile and Cable). Then it would only work for traditional line faults, like it used to when we had voice-only telecoms. We can't turn the clock back, however hard we try.
« Last post by Simon on Mar 21, 2017, 14:01:44 »
Are you using the backup software that came pre-installed on the drive?  If so that could be your problem, rather than the actual drive itself.  Have you tried backing up your files manually or using another type of backup software?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.

luck