Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
IDNet Service Announcements / ThinkBroadband Speed Test Results
« Last post by Simon_idnet on Yesterday at 14:46:43 »
Hi All

Every month the ThinkBroadband team release a table showing the rankings of all the ISPs whose customers have run a speedtest on the TBB site the previous month.

Sadly, we didn't feature in the table for January because the "sample size was too small". Please may we ask as many of you who might feel inclined to please run a speedtest on their site and rate us, preferably at least one per month? The speedtester is here:-

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html

This would be most appreciated as it is a great marketing tool for us and encourages many potential new customers to check us out.

Thank you very much.
Simon
IDNet Help / Re: Speeds on IDNet
« Last post by nowster on Yesterday at 13:48:34 »
The 12 month restriction is probably BTw being a pain.
« Last post by Gary on Yesterday at 08:57:15 »
I believe Gary is on a Zen LLU through IDnet.
FTTC using Zens backhaul indeed, Glenn. Its not been without its issues with single threaded problems I must admit. Brian managed to sort those out by talking to Zen as the problem was happening to Zen users, since then all has been ok, apart from loosing 12Mbps because of a pair swap at the cab :(

Edit. If you have issues with Zen IDNet say they have to put you into a new 12 month contract to go back to BTw on the same package which seems a bit rough tbh.
« Last post by Glenn on Feb 20, 2017, 21:59:02 »
I believe Gary is on a Zen LLU through IDnet.
« Last post by Lance on Feb 20, 2017, 18:11:39 »
Idnet do use another backhaul provider in addition to BTw. Maybe give them a call to see what is an option for you  ;)
« Last post by jaydub on Feb 20, 2017, 14:19:33 »
Uno and Aquiss have blown me out in terms of a migration path, so it is a straight forward Zen vs IDNet shoot out.

Much more hefty migration fee for IDNet, but call costs are significantly cheaper and the 11 months for 12 offer wipes out half the migration fee if I pay upfront.

Just need to size up whether Zen LLU provides any significant advantage of IDNEt's BTW offering.
Networking & Routers / Re: mtu help,weird size
« Last post by jaydub on Feb 18, 2017, 12:39:21 »
He was on IDNet and moved to Sky.  Bit of a weird problem and not sure how much it was worth worrying about, but the move to Sky resolved it.
Networking & Routers / Re: mtu help,weird size
« Last post by Lance on Feb 18, 2017, 10:32:22 »
Are you on Sky LLU? Most likely you are so that shows the issues was somewhere in the BT network, and not necessarily IDNet.
Networking & Routers / Re: AC1900 VDSL Router - IDNet supply
« Last post by stevenrw on Feb 16, 2017, 15:41:01 »
Thanks for the tip regarding smallnetbuilder forums - I will definately look into that.
What you say about cabinets is interesting. Frustratingly, there's a newish one no more than 50m from my front door but it serves subscribers from the opposite direction (Grrrr...)
Windows News & Discussion / Re: Windows Updates
« Last post by Clive on Feb 15, 2017, 20:10:44 »
Thanks Glenn but I've done without the netbook for several months now and I find it makes a superb doorstop.  I'm not wasting any more of my miserable life staring at Windows Updates on prehistoric computers.  But I very much appreciate your kind offer of help.   :thumb:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.