Author Topic: Gone astray in cyberspace  (Read 842 times)

Offline dudwell

• Super Netter
Gone astray in cyberspace
« on: Apr 18, 2017, 16:00:03 »
I sent an email using Hotmail.com on 5 April. The recipient, with a btinternet.com address, says it arrived today, 18 April! Does this kind of delay often happen? Where can it have been?

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
Re: Gone astray in cyberspace
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2017, 16:30:42 »
In the PCs outbox, waiting to login?
BT has had lots of login delays and email delays I've noticed... no idea if other providers do. (Some days I just plain cannot login, no idea why)
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Offline Clive

• Legendary Netter
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2017, 17:10:38 »
I use BT Internet as my e-mail provider and they are a disaster.  E-mails sometimes take hours to reach my wife in the next room!  And e-mails get lost too.  I really should switch to my little used GMail address and save myself the £5 a month extortion fee BT charge for their unreliable mailing system.  Trouble is I have lots of mailing lists and it would be a nightmare to create new ones. 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • PC Pals Forum
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2017, 18:58:39 »
I can't believe you send emails to your wife in the next room!  Is that to order lunch?   :laugh:
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Clive

• Legendary Netter
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2017, 19:03:02 »
Oh there are lots of reasons to share e-mails.  Our son always sends them to me and I have to forward them.  But sometimes I just want to send her something of interest. 

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.