Author Topic: Massive thanks to IDNet support for the help, one more thing...  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
Big thanks to IDNet for their help with my account, their reply was super quick. I just want to check though, my email has been disabled, I assume it normally carries on when customers leave? I'm happy to transfer the email away if it does not, but as it's stopped suddenly, without warning, I cannot transfer anything. :(

Can IDNet confirm if it stops or continues? Thanks!

I am hoping to come back in a years time, perhaps even upgrade to fiber (the upload speeds are tempting). Because their customer service has always been ace!  :thumb:

(PS, I've filled in the contact form, as I would normally email... but cannot currently for the above reason)
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Offline Lance

• Administrator
Normally service continues and I've not seen anyone mention a change to that informal policy.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Glenn

• Former Staff
    • WRRacing
Brian has said in the past, as long as there is traffic to the email address then it will remain open.
Glenn
--------------------

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
I see it's been suspended. Either in error, or as part of the correction to the account, but not reactivated after. Will pop another email across. I can login via the web portal, but it throws an error if I try to send/receive.

[edit]
Ah, I missed a little bit of the error note, it says "SMTP suspended", so not the whole email. Is it just pop that stays enabled then? I'm happy if it is, I just may have misunderstood (being dyslexic, I can skip/miss certain parts :P ).

Ah, nope, getting "SMTP Error (535): Authentication failed." on the web portal too.

[edit]
So I change to my current provider for sending via my PC, is that the same for the web portal?
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2017, 17:58:54 by Technical Ben »

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
All working now!

Half of it was me, I did not realize I have to change smtp to my new provider (I guess because that part needs a login to a server to send and to avoid spam and stuff). Though still no idea why the mobile then failed and the pc could not even receive. To add insult to injury (and the main reason I don't shop around for broadband), the current provider is suing Yahoo mail.  :sob:  :laugh:

But is working now!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • PC Pals Forum
 :thumb:
Simon.
--

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
PS, typo there, should be "using Yahoo mail", but similar in meaning. ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.