Author Topic: iDNET and GigaClear  (Read 799 times)

Offline mpellatt

iDNET and GigaClear
« on: Apr 02, 2017, 10:38:20 »
I note that iDNET are one of the (very few) ISPs that GigaClear are wholesaling to.

As:
i) We're currently using iDNET for phone (very competitive if you want those added calling features) and broadband
ii) Used iDNET previously for a customer and experience with them has always been excellent
iii) We're at the end of a long EO line in a village where a single FTTC cab has been installed, but so far away even LDVDSL would be no use (boo)
iv) This is in Devon, in one of the areas where GigaClear have already been awarded Phase 2 BDUK contracts (hooray)
v) Gigaclear's checker says we should be in the area they'll be serving (hooray)

has anyone here made use of iDNET as a retail provider for GigaClear ? Are they really providing, or have they just signed up to them (since no retail products seem to appear on the iDNET website). I know this is very early days for the CDS Phase 2 rollout, but thought I'd get the question in early  :)

The only fly in the ointment is just where GigaClear can/will install their connection pot, as we're about 0.75Km down a private lane.....

So if anyone wants to rent a thatched holiday cottage in a perfect spot with sea views down the valley into Branscombe that might have 1Gbps broadband.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • PC Pals Forum
Re: iDNET and GigaClear
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2017, 11:17:01 »
Welcome to the forum.  I've never even heard of GigaClear, so I'll leave that for someone else to comment on. 

Sounds like you're in a lovely spot!  I've got a cousin in Crediton.  Always very relaxing to go and visit.  :)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Adrian

• Addicted Netter
  • Started at the bottom, slowly working my way down
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2017, 11:53:49 »
I've never even heard of GigaClear
You really need to get out more, Simon ;)
Adrian

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • PC Pals Forum
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2017, 12:23:21 »
Very true!   ;D
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.