Author Topic: BT Internet Yahoo Email...  (Read 578 times)

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
BT Internet Yahoo Email...
« on: Nov 22, 2016, 09:37:49 »
I have come to the conclusion that for a long time my BT Yahoo emails have been hacked. :/ No idea how/why/what but countless times I've had "failed to login" on the my mobile android client and when I try getting email on the PC it says "too many failed attempts"... and so I assume someone tried brute forcing it (or cross site pollination password leaks... it was an OLD email account from when I was still a kid).

But that they have been known to have been hacked/phishing/leaked details in the past, it could be down to that.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Offline sparky

• Grand Netter
Re: BT Internet Yahoo Email...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2016, 13:44:07 »
I know that I occasionally get emails supposedly from a friend and a family member, that look like they have come from their yahoo account (that they both ditched after the big "hack a while back). Phishing or scam usually.

Annoyingly they address me by my first name and look like they have come from Yahoo, but a check on the source shows otherwise. Usually from Russia.

Worrying isn't it? 

Offline nowster

• Netter Nutter
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2016, 15:42:28 »
It's been known about for over two years but only admitted as such in the last couple of months. Yahoo was hacked.

I know BT used Yahoo. I think Sky did too.

Offline DarkStar

• Super Netter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2016, 18:47:55 »
Check your email on this site and it will soon tell you if that email address is circulating

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

I found out on there that one of my old gmail accounts was hacked after the Adobe fiasco a couple of years ago
Ian

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2016, 21:02:09 »
A thanks for that link... 3 sites I may have used... um... DID use way back when (probably back in college) did get pawned... I think I may have also used the same pass back then. It's a "burner" account anyhow, and seems my personal one was not hacked (off general use sites).

But only because I was able to unlock it from being blocked through login attempts, and finally got the password changed.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.