Author Topic: Apple unveils smaller iPhone and iPad Pro  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • PC Pals Forum
Apple unveils smaller iPhone and iPad Pro
« on: Mar 21, 2016, 22:50:11 »
Apple has announced smaller versions of the iPhone and iPad Pro at an event hosted in San Francisco and streamed online.

The iPhone SE has the same processing and graphics performance of the larger Apple 6S, the firm said, and can capture 4K video. The new iPad Pro will have a 9.7 inch screen - the same size as the original iPad. The iPhone SE will be available in 110 countries by the end of May. With a starting price of $399/$499 (£277/£346), the new iPhone is the "most affordable" handset Apple has ever released, Apple said. It also said the new iPad Pro would be available in three different storage sizes with an extra large 256GB version. Pricing will begin at $599 for the smallest version and will ship in the US at the end of the month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35864314
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline zappaDPJ

• Administrator
Re: Apple unveils smaller iPhone and iPad Pro
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:34:24 »
I had been considering switching to an Android based phone until today. The new iPhone SE ticks a lot of boxes for me in terms of price, size and functionality. iTunes on the other hand ticks no boxes at all. I upgraded to the latest version today and it's taken me hours to get it to recognise my iPad and iPhone.
zap
--------------------

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • PC Pals Forum
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:51:11 »
iTunes, for me, is purely a filing system.  I gave up trying to sync my HTC phone with it and I now just transfer any music I want on it via direct folder to folder USB. 
Simon.
--

Offline zappaDPJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2016, 13:10:21 »
I very much like that it syncs application data (contacts, calenders etc) between devices but sometimes it makes the most simple things stupidly difficult to achieve. I eventually fixed my problem by reinstalling the iPhone and iPad device drivers from deep within the Windows 10 Control panel. It's a very common problem after an update but neither Microsoft or Apple seem to have a proper fix for it other than delete and reinstall everything including Windows.
zap
--------------------

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.