Author Topic: New Computer  (Read 5676 times)

Offline Clive

• Legendary Netter
Re: New Computer
« Reply #50 on: Nov 17, 2015, 23:12:08 »
Thanks very much Zap, there is a lot of positive feedback on that site.  I could actually get the computer of my dreams.   8-)  But it's probably best if I run my specs past you before I buy.   :D

Offline Glenn

• Former Staff
    • WRRacing
« Reply #51 on: Nov 24, 2015, 16:04:04 »
A security hole that could allow attackers to access users' personal data was inadvertently placed on Dell computers, the company has admitted.
The hole represented a "profound security flaw" that could allow access to bank details and other personal data, experts said.
Dell has issued guidance on removing the software that produced it.
The news comes after Lenovo was also criticised for pre-installing adware that potentially compromised security
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Clive

• Legendary Netter
« Reply #52 on: Nov 24, 2015, 18:12:23 »
Well I've now decided against Dell because they won't give me what I want - an SSD drive.  Despite extolling its virtues at every turn.  I want  an SSD drive and God help anyone who stands in my way!   :rant2:  I'm going to have one built to my own specifications which I'm pretty certain are way over the top and I'm sure you will give me lots of good advice when I post the details.   :)

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
« Reply #53 on: Nov 24, 2015, 18:51:39 »
HP has had this problem too IIRC. Some of the XPS systems.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.