Author Topic: Secure SMTP stopped working  (Read 3543 times)

Offline krysia

• Addicted Netter
Re: Secure SMTP stopped working
« Reply #25 on: Nov 26, 2015, 12:27:27 »
Many thanks for pointing me in the direction of that other thread - that explains what the problem is.  We use our own domain name for email but it all gets forwarded to our IDNet accounts.

Offline krysia

• Addicted Netter
« Reply #26 on: Nov 26, 2015, 12:34:44 »
We send email from our own domain name via our IDNet IMAP accounts, so we've had this problem too and are relieved to see there's a solution.  We've entered the 3rd party addresses in the customer portal but I'm not sure from the IDNet support post above whether the usual SMTP settings still apply (port 587 with TLS and SPA).

Offline russ

« Reply #27 on: Jan 04, 2016, 08:21:17 »
Sorry to drag up an old ish thread,  But I was wondering if someone may be able to explain how to add a 3rd party email thing. Or is there a way to use my old email program.

I was using Windows Live mail on windows 7 and outlook before that, until this update .

My current ISP is BTInternet.

I have been using Thunderbird over the past couple of months but find it a pain to keep jumping back and forth with 10 + years of work emails and info on Windows Live Mail.

So in brief , Is it  possible to continue using Windows Live Mail on my idnet.com email accounts.

Thanks

Russ

Offline Steve

• Former Staff
« Reply #28 on: Jan 04, 2016, 10:32:21 »
Idnet smtp server doesn't seem to permit the use some/many of BT IP addresses but still permits POP and IMAP functions. If your desperate to use IDNet's smtp server a private VPN will work i.e. IPVanish, of course they could start blocking those as well.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • PC Pals Forum
« Reply #29 on: Jan 04, 2016, 13:17:33 »
Can't add to the above, but  :welc: :karma:
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.