Author Topic: Is this a problem on other touch screen readers?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Broadback

• Master Netter
Is this a problem on other touch screen readers?
« on: Feb 28, 2015, 11:07:09 »
I have both a Kindle and a Kobo e reader, both have their pros and cons. The Kobo has a built in light, which is useful, the touch screen does not operate the usual way as it can be operated when wearing gloves. However it does not perform page turning well, at times it jumps page/pages other times is goes back instead of forward. I like the Kindle as it has switches to operate it which is more sure than the Kobo method. Now I have thought of getting a more modern Kindle with a touch screen, as they have internal lights. However is the page control with the touch screen spot on? 
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Offline Ray

• Administrator
Re: Is this a problem on other touch screen readers?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 11:42:28 »
I've got a Kindle Paper white E-reader, I've had no problems with the Touch screen on mine it seems to work well.
Ray
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Steve

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2015, 13:36:02 »
The more expensive Kindle Voyager I think has an even different method, I would agree Ray the Paper white touch screen is excellent.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Technical Ben

• Live-in Netter
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2015, 20:00:25 »
Yes and no. There are 2 or 3 ways to run a touch screen. Some use the pressure (old and rather glitchy method) and some use capacitive (IIRC) which is why it only works on our conductive fingers and the likes.
Mine does a few extra on top at times, but still tends to not work with gloves. So I guess the Kindle or your gloves are special?
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.