Author Topic: HG612/EC1 Dimensions  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Tacitus

• Master Netter
HG612/EC1 Dimensions
« on: Sep 25, 2014, 08:06:47 »
As it looks as though Fibre is on its way, I need to look at how I'm going to deal with the separate modem/router scenario.  The only potential difficulty is that the modem will need to be in the roof space adjacent to the incoming BT socket.  I've not had problems with kit installed up there in the past - temperature being the obvious one - but you never know.

Could someone point me in the direction of a spec sheet for the two BT installed modems?  I'm mainly after the overall dimensions and any details of vertical mounting, hole spacing etc.  I'm taking it as given that the connection between these modems and any downstream router is standard Cat5/RJ45 rather than modem cable/RJ11.

Offline Gary

• Supreme Netter
Re: HG612/EC1 Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2014, 08:20:22 »
As it looks as though Fibre is on its way, I need to look at how I'm going to deal with the separate modem/router scenario.  The only potential difficulty is that the modem will need to be in the roof space adjacent to the incoming BT socket.  I've not had problems with kit installed up there in the past - temperature being the obvious one - but you never know.

Could someone point me in the direction of a spec sheet for the two BT installed modems?  I'm mainly after the overall dimensions and any details of vertical mounting, hole spacing etc.  I'm taking it as given that the connection between these modems and any downstream router is standard Cat5/RJ45 rather than modem cable/RJ11.

The mounting holes are the same distance for both, they come with a template in the box. Huawei HG612 12 x 16 x 3 cm = 576 cubic centimetres ECI B-FOCuS 13.2 x 17.7 x 3.5 cm = 817.74. The mounting holes for both are 100MM wide on both models. and you should have 50mm around the ECI for ventilation on all sides. HG612 runs slightly hotter but I imagine its similar.

Offline Tacitus

• Master Netter
Re: HG612/EC1 Dimensions
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2014, 09:02:56 »
The mounting holes are the same distance for both, they come with a template in the box. Huawei HG612 12 x 16 x 3 cm = 576 cubic centimetres ECI B-FOCuS 13.2 x 17.7 x 3.5 cm = 817.74. The mounting holes for both are 100MM wide on both models. and you should have 50mm around the ECI for ventilation on all sides. HG612 runs slightly hotter but I imagine its similar.

Thanks Gary, that's exactly what I need. 

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.