Author Topic: TP-Link TD-8817/Asus RT-N66U & Chipset Question  (Read 12582 times)

Offline Steve

• Former Staff
Re: TP-Link TD-8817/Asus RT-N66U & Chipset Question
« Reply #25 on: Apr 10, 2013, 22:06:04 »
Seems a different subnet in the examples I've seen , see post 444 from Merlin

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44923
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Dealz

• Full Netter
Re: TP-Link TD-8817/Asus RT-N66U & Chipset Question
« Reply #26 on: Apr 12, 2013, 12:44:13 »
Thanks i'll have a look at that too, It sucks that there is no access to connection stats and the only way it seems to access them quickly without disconnecting cables seem quite tricky.

Bit of an update i'm no longer using the TP-Link as a modem at the moment, i'm using my old but still great performing DG834N :) in bridge mode which is better on my line as i get faster sync  & throughput speeds and with the help of SNR tweaking (which i didn't know was possible in bridge mode) i can get it even faster.

I'm not sure how much life is left in my 834N, I'm thinking to get another one? or maybe a different BCM6358 based Netgear (or maybe BCM6348 if that chipset is any good?) that can use the DGTeam firmware to tweak SNR

Edit: Hmm looks like the 834N is the best Netgear that supports DGTeam firmware.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2013, 13:25:27 by Dealz »

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.