Author Topic: Default Gateway  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Tacitus

• Master Netter
Default Gateway
« on: Jul 19, 2012, 10:13:28 »
Following my regrade to ADSL2, I had to completely reset the 2700.  The default gateway is 192.168.254 and to save having to reset everything else, can someone tell me where to change it to 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 etc

Offline Steve

• Former Staff
Re: Default Gateway
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2012, 10:26:09 »
It will be something similar to here I expect.

http://screenshots.portforward.com/BT/BT2700HGV/LAN_-_Private_Network.htm

Settings>LAN>Private Network
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Tacitus

• Master Netter
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2012, 14:03:29 »
It will be something similar to here I expect.
http://screenshots.portforward.com/BT/BT2700HGV/LAN_-_Private_Network.htm
Settings>LAN>Private Network

Thanks, that's what I thought Steve, but having had a raft of problems trying to reset it and then unlock it I didn't want to end up bricking the thing, so thought I'd ask. 

Yesterday iDNet reset my login (authentication) password.  I'm sure there's a way of doing it easily using an unlocked 2-Wire but I couldn't find it, so in the end I temporarily reverted to the old Zyxel.  This morning I did a full reset/unlock on the 2700 which is now back up and running.

I have to say I do like the 2-Wire routers.  Frankly I doubt I would have heard of them were it not for 'Netters'.  I have a couple of spares - both v6 unfortunately - but at £10 each (inc postage) they have to be a bargain, particularly on my line, which has a high attenuation.

Offline Polchraine

• Master Netter
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2012, 15:19:16 »
Thanks, that's what I thought Steve, but having had a raft of problems trying to reset it and then unlock it I didn't want to end up bricking the thing, so thought I'd ask. 

Yesterday iDNet reset my login (authentication) password.  I'm sure there's a way of doing it easily using an unlocked 2-Wire but I couldn't find it, so in the end I temporarily reverted to the old Zyxel.  This morning I did a full reset/unlock on the 2700 which is now back up and running.

I have to say I do like the 2-Wire routers.  Frankly I doubt I would have heard of them were it not for 'Netters'.  I have a couple of spares - both v6 unfortunately - but at £10 each (inc postage) they have to be a bargain, particularly on my line, which has a high attenuation.

And if you even move to an FTTC solution, they make good WAPs -onlt 802.11g not n,   but they are sturdy and reliable.

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Offline Tacitus

• Master Netter
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2012, 19:01:39 »
And if you even move to an FTTC solution, they make good WAPs -onlt 802.11g not n,   but they are sturdy and reliable.

True and with ADSL you can also use them in Bridge mode to an alternative firewall/router EG Draytek 2900/Zywall 2+   

I believe a new business hub is on the way.  Anybody any idea of whether it's likely to be any good?  The 2700 will be a difficult one to beat. 

Offline Tacitus

• Master Netter
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2012, 20:31:54 »
One other point, the replacement ADSL2 kit is now reported by the 2700 as: Country: {46336} Vendor: {IFTN} Specific: {48753 }

Anybody offer a translation?  My guess is that IFTN is Infineon.  Didn't they buy out Texas Instruments (TI) chip division, in which case it might be well matched with a router that runs an AR7.  Weird if the old AR7 based Zyxel turns out to be a better bet than the 2700  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.