Technical News & Discussion > Other manufacturers

New Firmware for Fritz!Box 7390

(1/36) > >>

Ardua:
Firmware Version 84.05.04 has just been released by AVM for the Fritz!Box 7390.   My box has re-synched at its old ADSL2+ settings; however, some cousins 'down under' are suggesting that their ADSL connections are slightly slower.

NB: For those not familiar with this modem/router, the box has both ADSL/FTTC connectivity as well as an integrated DECT base station, answer phone, VOIP and media server functions.

New with version 84.05.04:

Internet: New - Child protection with filters for Internetpages and utilities
Internet: New - Support for DS-Lite to connect to IPv4-adresses using native IPv6 access
Internet: automatic setup by the internet provider via TR-069 with added IPv6 support
Internet: IPv6 - new tunneling protocol RFC 5969: IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd)
Internet: IPv6 - Workaround: Windows 7 did not accept the same Prefix once it was invalidated without a reboot
Internet: Import of VPN-settings improved
Internet: Added support of VPN-connections to Microsoft TMG-Servers
Internet: improved DynamicDNS-registration
Internet: improved DNSSEC-support

DECT: New : FRITZ!Fon MT-F now supports English, French, German, Italian and Spanish (depending on the language configured in the FRITZ!Box Webinterface)

DECT: New - DECT repeater function, display RSS-Feeds with included pictures on FRITZ!Fon MT-F
DECT: New - use your own MP3-Ringtone on MT-F
DECT: acceleration of menues and lists, improved handling of the phonebook, caller-list and answering-machine on MT-F

Telephony: open received faxes and messages from the calls-list
Telephony: added third alarm
Telephony: signaling of missed calls on IP-telehones (MWI)
Telephony: improved fax interop (T.38)

Storage (NAS) : New - Mediaserver and home-network-sharing (smb) can be renamed
Storage (NAS) : New - Mediaserver can be restriced to certain partitions (UPnP-AC)
Storage (NAS) : New - seperate passwords for home-network-sharing and internet
Storage (NAS) : New - available FRITZ!Box shares shown in network-enviroment (smb share announcement)
Storage (NAS) : revamped UPnP-AV Mediaserver 4.0

System: New - import settings from older FRITZ!Box modules (selective)
System: New - display active phone calls or network activity on the FRITZ!Box home-screen.
System: TR-064 - Automated telephony-device setup for FRITZ!App Fon

Rik:
 :thumb:

FritzBox:
Router is total tosh on my ADSL Max line, nothing but resyncs

Ardua:

--- Quote from: FritzBox on Sep 02, 2011, 21:36:32 ---Router is total tosh on my ADSL Max line, nothing but resyncs

--- End quote ---

Working fine here on ADSL2+. Synch rate has increased to 17.9Mbps and the box holds a pretty stable connection down to 2 SNR. (Synched for nearly 2 days now with CRC rates/min of 0.23 down and 0.19 up).  I get a re-synch about every 2 to 3 days on average. The synch drops by a couple of hundred and then the next time it increases. I am sure that I could rectify this by moving the Line Settings but I see no point given that synch speed is not really changing.

I note that there is discussion on the 'down under' website the the RC firmware holds the synch better on long/noisy lines. Others have used the recovery tool and re-installed the firmware. My only minor complaint is the odd phantom DECT phone call.

FritzBox:
Gone back to 84.05.04-19804

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.

Go to full version