Author Topic: Mac software updates  (Read 75495 times)

Offline Gary

• Supreme Netter
Re: Mac software updates
« Reply #900 on: Oct 20, 2014, 08:22:21 »
I think they're designed to be viewed on a Retina, or other very hi res screen.  Quite why Ive used the thin looking Helvetica Neue rather than Lucida with its more solid look I shall never know.  But perhaps that's why I don't own a fleet of expensive cars or a Gulfstream jet.....

really, can't stand the reflections.  It's bad enough on the MacBook but at least with that I have more options for moving it around.
The iMacs have a non reflective coating, well a reduced one these days, its much better tbh. No way I'm paying £1999 for a base model retina iMac though, that's just crazy. Tbh I don't mind Yosemite on my 21.5" 2011 i7 Mac, its performing better so far than Mavericks...that for me was one of the worst version of OS X I have used.  :fingers:

Offline Steve

• Former Staff
« Reply #901 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:29:17 »
Certainly Yosemite seems much slicker on the three machines I've installed it on so far. It's older equipment so not been able to experiment with continuity/handoffs but then again I'm not replacing functional equipment to enable that.

Trying to decide what to do with iCloud Drive- possibly nothing apart from iOS backups. If I could access from Android I might consider using more than the free allocation but since google backs up all my phone photos FOC privately I'm loathed at present to spend money.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Offline Gary

• Supreme Netter
« Reply #902 on: Nov 17, 2014, 21:51:55 »
10.10.1 released

Offline Steve

• Former Staff
« Reply #903 on: Nov 17, 2014, 22:03:26 »
 :thumb:
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Show unread posts since last visit.

Any information and links published in the forum are posted in good faith, but the forum staff and
owners cannot and do not accept responsibility for the content and accuracy of external websites.